Visitors from other countries will not be covered under a Canadian Government Health Insurance Plan. Anyone moving to Ontario will not be covered by OHIP for 3 months.
Because emergency medical expenses in Canada can add up quickly, it’s important for visitors to be protected.
Payment for reasonable and customary costs incurred for treatment of emergency and unforeseen sickness or injury while in Canada. These may include:
- Emergency Medical Treatment
- Emergency Dental expenses
- Family Transportation and Subsistence Allowance
- Medical Repatriation to the Country of Origin
- In the event of death, costs incurred for burial at place of death or return home of deceased
- A temporary visit to another country is covered (excluding your country of origin) as part of your trip, however this temporary visit may not exceed 49% of the trip's total duration
- Available in limits of $25,000, $50,000, $100,000 or $150,000
Download Policy Information
- For Visitors to Canada, Canadians who are not eligible for a government health insurance plan, persons who are in Canada on a work or student visa, or new immigrants who are awaiting government health insurance plan coverage.
- This plan can only be purchased if you are under age 86 years.