Whether it’s a road trip, weekend errand or just your daily commute to work, your vehicle plays a big role in getting you where you need to be. When the unexpected happens, it’s good to know that CAA Mobile Battery Service is in your corner.
3 maintenance and care tips to help put you in charge of your battery’s performance.
- Schedule a regular battery inspection and cleaning by a trained battery representative. One good way to incorporate battery care into your maintenance routine is to put a battery check on your calendar every time you schedule an oil change.
- If your battery is 3 years old or older, schedule a check of your charging system to see how much “life” is left in it. The average life of a battery is 3-5 years, but weather extremes and even some of your habits as a driver can shorten its life.
- If you will go for long periods of time without driving your vehicle, invest in a battery charger to keep your battery fully charged and ready to go when you are.
When it’s time to replace your battery…
- Buy a battery with the rating and group size recommended by your vehicle’s manufacturer. The group size defines the battery’s outside dimensions and the placement of terminals. Choosing the right group size ensures a secure fit.
- Buy a battery manufactured within the last six months. Batteries are stamped with a date code with two characters – a letter and number. The letter indicates a month (A for January, etc. However the letter I is skipped; September is J.) The digit represents the year (7 for 2007).
- Keep in mind that warranties typically have two parts, a total warranty period and a free replacement period (typically from 3 months to 3 years).
- If your battery fails on the road, call CAA’s Mobile Battery Service at 1-800-222-HELP. Our service representative will test, replace and recycle your old battery! CAA’s Mobile Battery Service exclusively carries CAA Batteries, which are backed by a 6-year total warranty, including three years free replacement and three years prorated guarantee!