The world doesn’t stand still and our transportation partners understand that. They have updated their health and safety practices to ensure your safety. Now you’ll find specific protocols for:
- Social distancing and wearing masks.
- Reduced customer interaction at vehicle pickup or delivery.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers in common areas.
For specific measures from our transportation partners, read on.
Enterprise/ Alamo/ National Car Rentals.
Enterprise, Alamo and National Car Rentals are committed to maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness. They’ve created the “Complete Clean Pledge,” which includes:
- Washing, vacuuming, general wipe down and sanitizing of vehicles to meet leading health authority requirements, with particular attention to more than 20 high-touch points.
- Cleaning and sanitizing shuttle buses and branch locations.
- Limiting number of passengers on each bus, encouraging one-way flow as passengers board and ensuring adequate distance between different parties.
Learn more about Complete Clean Pledge.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of check-in kiosks, self-serve kiosks, payment stations and shuttle buses.
- Use of social distancing floor markers and plexiglass shields where applicable.
- Limiting bus capacity to 7-9 customers per trip, and if you’ve chosen Park’N Fly Valet services, your car keys are sealed in a plastic key carrier.
Learn more about ParkSafe and their full list of health and safety enhancements.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of stations and trains before and during your trip.
- Conducting pre-boarding health checks by asking a few questions and looking for visible signs of illness.
- Flexible booking, so you can get a full refund when you cancel at any time prior to your train’s departure.
Also to note: New departures for the Québec-Windsor Corridor have been added and business class is back.
Learn more about Via Rail’s safe way to travel.
- Each RV vehicle will be cleaned and sanitized, ready for you to pick up.
- A new self-guided tour and demo video guide now replaces the original “in-person” RV tour.
- Reduced contact with the guest service agent in the Guest RV once it has been prepped ready for pick up.
Learn more about CanaDream’s commitment to travelling safely.
Our hotel partners are excited to welcome our Members back again and are committed to your health and safety while you’re away from home. To ensure you have the most enjoyable experience possible, you will see:
- Increased cleaning around the front desk, guest rooms and common areas.
- Guidelines for social distancing and face coverings.
- Hand sanitizing stations or disinfecting wipes in common areas.
Have a look at specific actions from our hotel partners below.
Best Western Hotels & Resorts.
Best Western Hotels & Resorts have introduced the We Care CleanSM program to provide you with assurance that cleanliness will be maintained throughout your stay. Rest easy knowing:
- The Best Western Mobile Concierge app minimizes guest contact during check-in and check-out.
- Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens. And, daily housekeeping service will be available only by request.
- “Grab & Go” breakfast takeout options will be available at most hotels.
- Hilton CleanStay Room Seals will be placed on doors to indicate to guests that their room has not been accessed since being thoroughly cleaned.
- Guests will have access to their Digital Key from the Hilton Honors app.
- Extra disinfection of high-touch areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more.
- More frequent sanitization of common areas with hospital grade disinfectants.
- Social distancing protocols in place, along with mandatory use of appropriate personal protective equipment while on the premise.
- Touch-free options including contactless check-in, check-out and hotel stay bill, mobile entry, food and beverage mobile ordering.
Learn more about Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment.
Marriott Hotels and Resorts.
- Frequent sanitization in public spaces and detailed cleaning practices using hospital grade disinfectants.
- Enhanced cleaning using electrostatic sprayers to sanitize surfaces.
- Contactless options through Marriott’s mobile app to check-in, access rooms, make special requests and even order room service.
MGM’s Seven-Point Safety Plan puts your health and safety first. Working with public health experts, they have enhanced their health and safety measures such as:
- Improved HVAC controls and air quality. Guest rooms are also fitted with air filters that meet or exceed published standards.
- Increased cleaning, especially for high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- Should a guest or employee test positive for COVID-19, MGM has trained staff to respond quickly and sanitize exposed areas thoroughly.
Learn more about MGM’s Seven-Point Safety Plan.
No matter where you’re headed, our travel service providers have raised their cleaning and safety standards, with your well-being in mind. Things you can expect include:
- Ongoing cleaning and sanitization in common areas.
- Guidelines for social distancing and face coverings.
- Pre-travel screening.
Listed below are specific initiatives that each supplier has undertaken to help you worry less and travel with confidence.
With flexible booking and the Air Canada CleanCare+ Program, they are ready to welcome you on board whenever you are ready to take off. Here are some of the updated health and safety measures:
- At the airport:
- Touch-free check-ins and TouchFree Bag Check kiosks for domestic travel.
- Virtual queues for customer care needs.
- Boarding less customers at the same time, as well as boarding the cabin from window to aisle and from back to front.
- On-board experience:
- Shortly after boarding, you will receive a Customer Care Kit containing a mask, antiseptic wipes, hand sanitizer, gloves, water bottle, a headset and a snack. (Economy Class – North America/International)
- A pre-packaged pillow and blanket will be provided on your seat. (Economy Class – International)
- In addition to the two antiseptic wipes provided in your Customer Care Kit, additional wipes will be provided with meals. (Economy Class – North America/International)
Learn more about the Air Canada CleanCare+ Program.
CAA Member Choice Vacations®.
- Before your tour:
- Cancel for any reason waiver, pre-tour health screening, private sedan service for your ride to and from the airport
- On your tour:
- Smaller group tours, Travel Protection Plan, self-screenings throughout the tour
Learn more about the steps CAA Member Choice Vacations is taking for you.
- The Wellbeing Director will accompany trips of 20 or more guests (excluding Australia and New Zealand) and will be up to date on the latest health authority and local government guidelines.
- The Travel Director will be expertly trained in enhanced hygiene and safety measures.
- The Driver will ensure the coach is cleaned and disinfected throughout your trip.
- Distancing and hygiene:
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- High-touch surfaces inside the coach will be disinfected multiple times a day.
- Coaches will have a number of empty seats to ensure physical distancing.
- 24/7 Incident report:
- Incident response protocols are in place in case an incident arises on a trip.
Learn more about Trafalgar’s three-step approach.
- Before you travel:
- Online check-in process
- Pre-travel screening and temperature check
- Transfer and boarding:
- Updated seating procedure to ensure personal space
- Travelling with the same group of guests for all transfers to and from the train
- Onboard Rocky Mountaineer:
- Improved air filtration
- Hygiene items (soap, fresh water, hand sanitizer)
- Electrostatic disinfecting sprayer to sanitize train interiors
Learn more Rocky Mountaineer’s updated procedures.
For the most current information on travel safety protocols, contact your local CAA Travel Consultant at 1-800-992-8143.