What CAA Members need to know about COVID-19.
Auto and home insurance.
As Canadians everywhere are feeling the profound social, emotional and financial effects of COVID-19, CAA Insurance is looking at every possible way to help you save money during this difficult time. Spending more time at home means you are likely driving less than the kilometres noted in your policy. This is why CAA Insurance Company is offering:
- A 10% rate reduction for both CAA Auto and Home insurance policies.
- The rate reduction will be applied automatically on all new policies as of April 15, 2020 and renewal policies as of June 15, 2020. The rate reduction will be applied for your full policy term and will be available until the pandemic is over.
- For renewals prior to June 15, 2020, please complete this online form and we will apply the 10% reduction to your policy for the remainder of your policy term.
- A $100 Auto Insurance Relief Benefit for all policies in effect before May 1, 2020. This payment marks the second phase of financial relief for Ontario auto insurance policyholders from CAA Insurance.
- Policyholders paying monthly will see equal reductions in their monthly payments, while policyholders who have paid for their policy in full will receive a $100 rebate cheque by mail.
- No action is required to receive this benefit.
- Consultation with a licensed CAA Insurance Agent who can show you ways to adjust your coverage and payment plan to reflect your reduced driving and lower your costs even further.
- One way may be by changing to CAA MyPace™, Canada's first pay-as-you-go auto insurance payment plan, an ideal option for low mileage drivers. There are no fees or penalties for switching and you can revert traditional payment plan when your regular day-to-day driving habits return.
CAA's licensed Insurance Agents are available to provide guidance and/or complete a complimentary policy review – simply call 1-877-468-6222 between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am and 6:00 pm on Friday, and 9:00 am and 4:00 pm on Saturday.
FAQs - $100 Auto Insurance Relief Benefit.
At CAA Insurance, we are continually looking for ways to help our policyholders save on their insurance premiums during this difficult time. This $100 benefit represents the second phase of relief we are providing to all our policyholders. CAA Insurance is the only insurer in Ontario to date to provide both a rate reduction and a relief benefit. If you haven’t applied for your 10% rate reduction yet you can find more information here.
No. The $100 Auto Insurance Relief Benefit will be automatically applied to CAA Auto Insurance policies in effect before May 1, 2020. Policyholders will receive a letter in June explaining the details of this benefit.
We are committed to providing the $100 back to policyholders as quickly as possible. If you are eligible for the relief benefit, you will receive a letter in June explaining how the payment will be processed.
If you pay in monthly installments, the relief benefit will be applied to your outstanding premium balance and your remaining monthly payments will be equally reduced. For example, if you have 5 months left on your policy, each month’s premium will be reduced by $20. If you have paid for your policy in full, you will receive your $100 relief benefit through a cheque in the mail.
The $100 Auto Insurance Relief Benefit will be automatically applied to all CAA Auto Insurance policies in effect before May 1, 2020. Regrettably, cancelled policies are not eligible for the relief benefit.
The $100 Auto Insurance Relief Benefit is designed specifically to reduce auto insurance costs brought about by reduced driving during the pandemic.
The $100 Auto Insurance Relief Benefit will be automatically applied to CAA Auto Insurance policies in effect before May 1, 2020. Policies that were put into effect after that date are not eligible. We encourage all those looking to save money on their home and auto insurance to contact your Insurance Agent or Broker provide a holistic review of their policy.