Anchorage – Depart Toronto or Winnipeg to Anchorage. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel. Remainder of the day is yours to explore this bustling gateway to Alaskan adventures.
Denali Explorer: Experience Alaska’s Wilderness
August 12 – 23, 2023
Tour the great wilderness of Alaska by sea and land on this 11-night journey. You’ll start in bustling Anchorage, before moving on to Mt. McKinley for a luxurious night at the Princess Wilderness Lodge. Next is Denali, home to North America’s highest peak. That evening, enjoy the Music of Denali Dinner Theater. Take a natural history tour and have sightings of animals like moose, caribou and Dall sheep. From there, travel to Whittier on the Direct-to-the-Wilderness® rail service before boarding the Sapphire Princess® for a scenic seven-night cruise. Sail past the majestic Hubbard Glacier, Glacier Bay National Park, Skagway and more. And in Juneau, you’ll embark on an adventure you’ll never forget: A whale-watching tour with a private guide.
CAA Member-exclusive benefits:
- $25 CAD Beverage card†
- $100 USD Shipboard Credit‡
- Specialty Dining for 2‡
- 50 CAA Dollars®^
- 25% savings on CAA Travel Insurance◊
Mt. McKinley – Travel along the George Parks Highway to the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge. Catch your first views of incredible Denali along the way. Tonight, enjoy a three-course dinner at 20,320 Alaskan Grill – so named for the height of Denali. D
Denali – Enjoy a private gourmet breakfast at the North Fork Restaurant before travelling to Denali. Once you’ve arrived, take time to explore on your own before experiencing the Music of Denali Dinner Theater. B/D
Denali – Start the day with breakfast at King Salmon Restaurant. Explore Denali National Park & Preserve on a Natural History Tour. Watch for glimpses of North America’s tallest peak as well as moose, caribou, bears, wolves and Dall sheep. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. B
Whittier – Board the Direct-to-the-Wilderness® rail to Whittier. Upon arrival in Whittier, disembark the train then board the Sapphire Princess® for a 7-night Voyage of the Glacier cruise.
Hubbard Glacier (scenic cruising)
Glacier Bay National Park (scenic cruising)
Juneau – Today is your Extraordinary Experience: A private whale-watching tour.
Vancouver – Disembark the ship and transfer to the Vancouver airport for your return flight to Toronto or Winnipeg.
Whale Watching, Denali and the Alaskan Wilderness.
- Airfare from Toronto or Winnipeg to Anchorage and return from Vancouver to Toronto or Winnipeg
- Pre-cruise tour:
- Direct-to-the-Wilderness® rail Denali to Whittier
- 1-night stay in first-class accommodation in Anchorage
- 1-night stay in moderate-class accommodation in Mt. McKinley
- 2-night stay in moderate-class accommodation in Denali
- 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- CAA exclusive Music of Denali Theater
- CAA exclusive breakfast at North Fork Restaurant and King Salmon Restaurant
- CAA exclusive dinner at 20,320 Alaskan Grill
- 7-night Voyage of the Glacier cruise on-board the Sapphire Princess®
- Onboard meals and entertainment as per cruise itinerary
- Destination transfers