While the holiday season is usually a time filled with holiday gatherings, it’s likely that this year we’ll all be spending most of our time cozying up at home. That’s not to say we can’t get into the full-fledged holiday spirit! We can still deck our homes, gift shop online and get those purchases conveniently delivered right to our ho-ho-homes. With so much of this year’s holiday focused on home, you’ll want to make sure to keep yours safe and sound.
Bear these holiday safety tips in mind to keep your festive season safe and sound.
- Use a surge protector and don’t overload your outlets when putting up Christmas lights
- Keep your tree wet and away from any heat sources
- Make sure your fireplace is safe before lighting any fires
- Keep space heaters away from anything flammable
- Shovel and salt your front walk for delivery and postal people
- Check for parcel deliveries so they’re not sitting outside your door
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Install and turn on exterior lights if you’re going to be away from home