Accessibility statement for CAA Club Group – caasco.com.
CAA Club Group (“CCG”) is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility.
CCG has taken the following measures to ensure accessibility of caasco.com:
- Included accessibility as part of our digital design and development processes
- Employed formal accessibility quality assurance testing procedures and methods
- Conducted internal and/or external accessibility assessments
- Provided accessibility training for our staff and on a continual basis when required
- Included accessibility as part of the standard requirements for our third-party vendors
- Assigned clear accessibility targets and responsibilities on areas which requires improvements
- Provided accessibility tools through eSSENTIAL Accessibility for users to download if such tools are not readily available to them or if they need additional tools to help them accessing content on our website.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Caasco.com is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 Level AA. Partially conformant means that due to certain limitations, some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology.
Caasco.com is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with JAWS and NVDA on Windows 10
- Firefox with assistive JAWS and NVDA on Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge with JAWS and NVDA on Windows 10
- Apple Safari with VoiceOver Utility on Mac OS Catalina and Mojave
- Google Chrome with VoiceOver Utility on Mac OS Catalina and Mojave
- Apple Safari with Voiceover Utility on Apple iOS and iPadOS 14 and 13
- Google Chrome with Voiceover Utility on Apple iOS and iPadOS 14 and 13
- Google Chrome with TalkBack on Android 11 and 10
Caasco.com may not be compatible with:
- Internet Explorer 11 and older
- Browsers versions older than 2 major versions
- Operating systems for desktop computers older than 5 years
- Operating systems for mobile devices older than 3 years
Accessibility of caasco.com relies on the following technologies to work with the combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
- Travel booking tool: Due to limitations with our third-party online travel services provider, users may experience issues searching and booking products and services within the travel section of our site, while using a screen reader or relying on keyboard navigation. A new travel booking platform is currently being developed which will mitigate some of these barriers. If you require assistance with personalizing your travel needs, you may find a Travel Consultant, visit a CAA Store or call us at: 1-855-660-2294.
- Service Tracker: Users with a visual impairment will experience issues using the Service Tracker as it relies on Google Maps to deliver and convey real-time updates on the location of the CAA tow truck that has been dispatched. Users will still be able to obtain status updates of their roadside assistance request via text messages on their mobile phone.
- CAA Club Group Careers Website: Due to limitations with our third-party solution provider, users using assistive technologies may experience issues using our careers website. CAA Club Group offers accommodations for all applicants with disabilities in all stages of the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Google Maps: Users with a visual impairment may have issues accessing content on our site which uses of Google Maps to visually display information, for example, our store locator, road trips guide, and online roadside assistance request. However, this information is meant to be supportive and secondary in nature, while the pertinent content remains fully accessible on the pages. For example, users will still be able to locate their nearest CAA Store by accessing our store listing even though they may not be able visually see the location on Google Maps. In addition, our Estimated Wait Times page uses Google Maps API for users to search for a region. Such third-party API may have incompatibilities with assistive technologies, however, users will still be able to see their region and wait time through the listing on the page.
- Customer satisfaction survey: Due to limitations with our third-party provider, users may experience issues with our customer satisfaction survey which occasionally appears to a select group of users. Such users may experience issues using keyboard navigation or an accessibility tool such as a screen reader. They may also have difficulty exiting the survey pop-up when it appears. If you are unable to complete the survey and would like to provide your feedback, please contact us by filling in the form located on our contact us page. If you are unable to exit the pop-up, please refresh your browser window.
- Videos: The videos displayed on our website and on our YouTube channel may not be available with described audio. Captions may also be unavailable for some videos that are distributed or shared by our partners which resides in their own YouTube channel, which CCG does not have the ability to control. However, users may still access its content by downloading a descriptive transcript.
- Third-party websites and tools: We often partner with other companies to
provide products and services to our users. These third-party websites may not be fully compliant. Below are
sections on caasco.com which contains links to these websites independently managed by a third-party which CCG
does not have the ability to control:
- Life, Health and Dental Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Disney Vacations
- CAA Rewards
- Life, Health and Dental Insurance: 1-800-334-4561
- Pet Insurance: 1-866-757-2922
- Travel: 1-866-286-9323
- CAA Rewards: 1-800-268-3750
In addition, we may use third-party tools or plugins to support certain functions on our website. Whenever possible, we have customized such tools to follow compliance standards, however at times, such customizations options may not be available. We have made effort in limiting the use of such tools to lower the impact of possible disruptions.
- PDF documents: Some of the PDF documents available for download on our site may not be fully accessible. If you require assistance with the content on these PDF documents, please feel free to contact us by phone or email.
CCG assessed the accessibility of caasco.com by the following approaches:
- External evaluation