Start with a complimentary policy review from a licensed CAA Insurance Agent.
Dig out your current insurance policy and get a no-obligation policy review from CAA Insurance1. This complimentary service is available to everyone, regardless of whom your insurance is with. Yes, you read that right: you don’t even have to be a CAA Member to get this. Just ensure that you have all the information on this checklist on hand before you reach out for your review.
Discuss the following options with your insurance agent.
- Given your current mileage, could you change your vehicle policy from daily to pleasure use?
- How much would you save by raising your deductible amount slightly?
- If you have two or more vehicles in your household, are you enjoying a multi-vehicle discount?
Tip:By having two or more vehicles on one CAA Auto Insurance policy, you could save 15%.
- Could you save from bundling your home and auto insurance?
Tip:Bundling your auto and home insurance with CAA Insurance can save you up to 10% on auto insurance and 12.5% on home insurance.
- Are there any memberships/affiliations you have that would save you money?
Tip:While you don’t have to be a CAA Member to get CAA Auto Insurance, CAA Members save up to 20% on auto insurance (in addition to receiving all kinds of other valuable perks and benefits).
- If you’re retired, are there any special discounts available for you?
Tip: Retirees save 10% on CAA Auto Insurance.
If you don’t drive a lot, explore pay-as-you-go auto insurance like CAA MyPace™.
CAA MyPace is Canada’s only pay-as-you-go insurance payment program for people who drive less than 12,000 km a year. It lets you pay a base rate plus your first 1,000 km, then purchase coverage in 1,000 km increments as you drive. If you’re currently with another insurer, the savings you would get from CAA MyPace may be significant enough to warrant switching midterm. Plus, if your needs ever change, you can move to a traditional CAA Insurance policy with no fees or penalties at any time.
Have a driver under 25 in the home? You could save on auto insurance for them.
If you’re paying for a younger family member’s auto insurance, here’s something you’ll be happy to hear: the CAA Head Start DiscountTM helps you save on insurance for those who live with you too! Ask if your safe driver under 25 qualifies for a 25% discount3.
Make sure you’re not leaving any savings on the table.
Auto insurance companies offer all kinds of incentives to drive in new customers. So, make sure you are taking advantage of them all. See if you’re enjoying the same savings that CAA Auto Insurance offers:
- 5% savings for switching to winter tires before Nov. 15
- 15% savings for insuring two or more cars on the same auto insurance policy
- Up to 10% savings on auto insurance and up to 12.5% savings on home insurance
- 10% savings if you’re a retiree
- 25% savings for qualified drivers under 25 years of age3
- Up to 20%2 savings for being a CAA Member
Best of all, CAA Insurance lets you stack your discounts. Ask a CAA Insurance Agent to tell you more.
Once you find savings, ensure they’re protected.
Getting insurance savings is great. But make sure your low rate won’t suddenly soar after an at-fault accident. For instance, CAA Insurance has a Forgive and Forget® benefit that protects your rate – and your good driving record – after your first at-fault accident.
Savings are a good thing. But only when you have the right coverage in place.
While paying less for auto insurance can be tempting, it’s more important to have proper coverage in place. A quick, complimentary policy review from a licensed CAA Insurance Agent can show if your current auto insurance policy covers you properly.
Ready to take the first step to find auto insurance savings on the right coverage? Talk to a licensed CAA Insurance Agent at 1-833-345-0489.