Our four pillars.
At CAA, we have made a commitment to uphold ourselves to the highest ethical standards. It drives everything we do. Our social responsibility strategy is made up of four distinct pillars.
Key initiatives and progress.
CAA strives to give back to our community through key initiatives that focus on areas of improvement, such as environmental/eco-friendly concerns, safety and community involvement. Here are some of the initiatives that we completed in the past year.
Reduce waste and energy consumption.
CAA believes that preserving our environment is important. We set our focus on reducing waste and conserving energy, both in our offices and our communities.
- We are reducing our carbon footprint by enabling work-from-home Associates.
- We have replaced parking lot lighting with LED fixtures, with an expected reduction of a minimum of 25 per cent energy savings.
- We are following a systematic, multi-year program for interior building HVAC equipment renewal, aimed at replacing old units with new, energy efficient ones that reduce maintenance and operating costs.
- We continue to configure our building automation system, as part of a systematic plan to operate the building in an increasingly energy efficient and cost-effective manner.
Community investment aimed at nurturing and growing communities.
At CAA, we believe that giving back to our local communities helps to grow and strengthen them. We support several charities through events such as Associate Charity Casual Weeks and our annual Charity Golf Tournament.
- Through our Associate Charity Casual Weeks, every year we donate to our Associate chosen charities: SickKids Foundation, the Canadian Cancer Society and the Ontario SPCA.
- We donate $100,000 each year to our corporate charity, Hope Air.
- We donate all of the proceeds from our annual CAA Charity Golf Tournament to our corporate charity, Hope Air.
- Over the years, we’ve raised over $1 million dollars in total for our corporate charities.