Know your rights.
Consumers have rights when they need a tow.
Towing Bill of Rights.
- You have the right to decide who can tow your vehicle and to what location unless otherwise directed by police.
- A permission to tow form must be signed before towing starts, unless you have an auto club membership.
- The towing company must provide you with an itemized invoice, before receiving payment.
- Final bill cannot be more than 10% above the quoted price.
- If you choose, you can pay by credit card.
- During business hours, you can access your vehicle to get your personal items, while it's stored at a towing facility.
- A tow operator must notify you where your vehicle will be towed.
- Tow operators must disclose if they are receiving a financial incentive for towing your vehicle to a particular vehicle storage facility or repair shop.
We are obsessed with safety.
At CAA, safety is our top priority. Whether involved in a collision or experiencing a mechanical breakdown, motorists should be aware of their rights before authorizing a tow.