Official Travel Documents Are Required to Enter and Leave Canada
Canadian passport photos.
Visa and passport photos for other countries
Your local CAA Store can also provide photos for visa and passport applications for other countries. Please present the specific photo requirements at the store.
Passport photo prices.
|CAA Basic Members||$8.95 + Tax|
|CAA Plus Members||Free|
|CAA Premier Members||Free|
|CAA Corporate Members||Free|
|Non-members||$19.95 + Tax|
New entry requirements to the United States.
Land and sea travel.
As of June 1, 2009, Canadian citizens travelling to the United States by land or water must present one of the following valid documents as part of the U.S. Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) requirements:
- A valid Canadian passport or
- A NEXUS card or
- A Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card or
- An enhanced driver's licence/identification card (from a province or territory, where available)
Proof of Canadian citizenship, such as an original or photocopy of a birth certificate or citizenship card, is required for:
- Children aged 15 and under and
- Citizens aged 18 and under who are travelling with a school or other organized group, under adult supervision with parental/guardian consent
Canadian citizens flying to, through or from the U.S. must still present a valid passport. This requirement applies to all travellers, regardless of age.