The top 3 travel insurance FAQs answered.
What is a pre-existing condition?
When purchasing travel medical insurance, it is important to understand conditions of the policy.Download Questionnaire
What does the O in OHIP mean?
We take for granted that our Ontario health card (or OHIP) covers many of our medical expenses while visiting other provinces.Learn More
Planning your travel and understanding your travel insurance needs.
Travel advice and advisories.
Make sure to check the Travel Advisories page for your destination at least once while planning your travel and before you travel. Safety and security may change between the date you book and your departure date, which may impact your travel insurance coverage.Learn More
OHIP coverage in Canada.
When you're travelling in Canada, it's important to have adequate coverage. And it's not just insurance providers recommending additional coverage--OHIP recommends it too.Learn More
OHIP coverage outside of Canada.
OHIP provides medical coverage when you're travelling inside Ontario. But when you're travelling internationally, you need to ensure you have adequate coverage.Learn More
Emergency Medical Insurance
- Emergency Medical Treatment - Applies to hospital accommodations, physician’s fees, lab tests and X-rays, private duty nursing and ambulance service.
- Medical Repatriation - When medically necessary, Emergency Medical Repatriation allows you to be transported safely to a medical facility for treatment, avoiding out-of-pocket expenses.
- Return of vehicle - If you're badly injured or hospitalized, the Return of vehicle benefit will cover reasonable expense to have you personal or rental vehicle returned, providing you that extra peace of mind.
Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance
- Trip Cancellation - Trip Cancellation covers the non-refundable portion of your trip. So if you have to cancel for an unforeseen reason, you can get your money back.
- Trip Interruption - In the event your trip is interrupted, your coverage will look after items such as the cost of a return ticket if you have to return home early due an emergency.
- BounceBack - Have to go home to deal with an emergency? The BounceBack benefit gives you up to $2,000 towards a round-trip ticket to get you home and then back to your vacation.